Friday, December 6, 2013

ALAMEA

Alamea waiting for her food

This is Alamea who just turned 2 years-old last November 27.  It's the second dog given to me by another friend. When I got Uriah I wanted to have another dog that she can play with, so when my friend offered to give me this Shih Tzu I said yes without even blinking an eye. She is very cute, tri-colored, playful, loving and melodious. When she first arrived at our apartment, she was afraid of Uriah, but Uriah is very friendly and they got along well after two days. They love to play and run around our small porch. They always run to the door when I arrive home from work. They won't let me enter the door until I pat them on the head.




Alame's sleeping quarters
 She loves to jump and sleep on my lap when I'm watching or doing something on the computer. She always wants me to pat her when she's lonely or not in the mood to play with Uriah. What I like about her most is that when she knows that I'm stressed out from work, she comes to me and kiss me or dance in front of me until I laugh or play with her. She loves to round around and play hide and seek.


                                                               
Alamea at Burnham Park
It took me a week to train her to learn to sit, stand up, jump, dance and turn around. My sister and I was also able to potty train her so she knows where to urinate or poop. She also loves to stay in my bed so I made her a blanket and she sleeps with me. She barks and scratch my door if I don't let her sleep with me. I'm very happy to have them both because they help relieve my stress. I always bring them with me whenever I go out jogging. My relatives also love them.


Some people said that Shih Tzu's are hard headed and not easy to train but I'm lucky because she's not. I think it just depends on how we train and instill discipline on them. Sometimes though I feel their is jealousy between her and Uriah especially if she comes up to my lap and sleep. Uriah will bark at her and wants me to pat her head also or she tries push Alamea over so that she will be the one on my lap. So I made sure that I treat them equally.                                                                                                                                    











No comments:

Post a Comment